Miriam's Art Work & Mimento





Miriam turned even the simplest gesture of sending a greeting card into something special,
always taking the time to make individual cards for everyone. Before her death she had hoped
to start her own business, Mimento, producing handmade cards. Her family have taken up this
idea and hope to develop it further. For more information please visit:

www.mimento.co.uk

All proceeds from the sale of the cards will be donated to the Miriam Hyman Memorial Fund
which is currently supporting the work of ORBIS UK (Charity No. 1061352), a charity which
aims at eliminating avoidable blindness globally, helping people to see clearly again.
________________________________________________________________

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Message from Esther




It has taken me a long time to be able to look at this blog. Thank you so much David and Chris. Mim would be proud.

I would like to post the words which I spoke at Mim's funeral:


*******
I can still remember when Miriam was in mummy's tummy. I was so excited that I was getting a baby sister that mum was quite worried about how disappointed I would be if she turned out to be a boy. I was even given the honour of naming her. Once she was born and the novelty had worn off, I became quite disillusioned with this child who had, in effect, knocked me out of the centre of everyone's universe. Poor mum and dad suffered the frequent arguments which characterised a lot of our childhood. As young teenagers at secondary school we finally became proper friends, and each others' confidants. With my mother's help, one day in my early twenties I finally had a moment of realisation about my relationship with my sister, and the chip that I had had on my shoulder since she took everyone's attention away from me all those years ago, lifted. She is the closest friend in my life.

Miriam brings out the best in people. I use the present tense deliberately because she is continuing to bring out the best in people. The extent to which she is loved is a source of joy to me which will endure after this painful time is over. Thank you for coming here today.
*******

I also wanted to share three photos with you. First ever photo of Mim, one of us together as children, and the last one ever taken of the two of us together.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this tribute, and thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Esther


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home